- The Queensland under-18 netball title saw an all-boys team beat a girls’ team
- The Queensland Suns men’s team trounced Bond University Bull Sharks 46-12
- Members of the crowd directed abuse at the boys for playing in the match
- Parents and fans were divided online about whether the match was wise
- Queensland Netball said the boys had no where else to play
Netball Queensland defended its decision to include the boys in the tournament, where they easily won their seven games on the way to the title, on the basis they had nowhere else to play due to the lower number of male players.
‘We are hopeful this will be a catalyst for a stand alone men’s competition in 2022.’