Democratic Women’s Caucus Ignores Women Speaking Out About “Gender Identity” Around the World | Kara Dansky

On April 19, 2024, the Democratic Women’s Caucus (DWC) issued a statement concerning Title IX rule changes announced by the U.S. Department of Education that same day. The DWC states on the mission page of its website:

The Democratic Women’s Caucus (DWC) is composed of all the Democratic women in the House of Representatives. The DWC is dedicated to the advancement of full equal rights, economic opportunity, improved health and safety, and elimination of laws and policies with discriminatory or disparate impacts for women and girls, and works to achieve these goals through legislation, advocacy, and educational efforts.

Women’s Declaration International USA (WDI USA) agrees with this mission statement and is pleased that there is a group of women in the U.S. House of Representatives purporting to stand up for women and girls.

Surprisingly, the DWC’s statement did not mention the fact that the Department’s Title IX rule changes also redefined sex to include the nebulous and sexist concept of “gender identity” for all Title IX purposes. Given that this redefinition will have disastrous consequences for women and girls as a sex class, we thought this omission was significant.

We are asking women all over the world to:

  1. Bring as much attention to this situation as possible globally by sharing it with women’s groups and members of the media; and
  2. Contact the DWC to share your concerns about this glaring omission.

Source: (22) Democratic Women’s Caucus Ignores Women Speaking Out About “Gender Identity” Around the World

Legal victory for gender critical worker subjected to “heresy hunt” at trans inclusive rape crisis centre – The Free Speech Union

In a damning ruling at the Edinburgh Employment Tribunal, a judge has condemned a trans inclusive rape crisis centre, and criticised the organisation’s transgender chief executive for pursuing a “Kafkaesque” nine month-long investigation against a female employee who held gender critical beliefs, reports the Times.

Roz Adams, a support counsellor who has worked with vulnerable communities since 2003, brought the case claiming she suffered discrimination when her views on the importance of rape trauma and counselling services remaining single-sex became known to senior colleagues at the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre (ERCC), including the centre’s chief executive, transgender woman Mridul Wadhwa.

The employment tribunal has now ruled in Ms Adams’s favour, upholding her claim of constructive dismissal against ERCC, which in 2023 received over £1.9 million in funding from the Scottish government, and finding that she had been harassed and discriminated against.

During the hearing in April, lawyer Naomi Cunningham, representing Ms Adams, claimed the ERCC mounted an “inquisition” after a female rape survivor said she would feel uncomfortable talking to a man and asked to know the biological sex of her support worker.

Ms Adams said she was accused of being “transphobic” after suggesting in an email that they tell her that one volunteer was “a woman at birth who now identifies as being non-binary”.

It emerged at a previous hearing in January that the centre refused to support that response, and instead told the woman that it “does not have any men on their volunteer team”.

Ms Cunningham also told the tribunal Wadhwa, who was born male, held a “hostile attitude towards sex-realist beliefs” and used the incident to instigate a nine-month disciplinary procedure against Ms Adams.

Source: Legal victory for gender critical worker subjected to “heresy hunt” at trans inclusive rape crisis centre – The Free Speech Union

Judge grants detransitioner’s lawsuit against doctors to proceed in court: ‘Sufficient’ allegations | Fox News US

Detransitioner Prisha Mosley and her lawyers won a significant legal victory earlier this month for her case against “gender-affirming” health providers.

The Independent Women’s Forum, where Mosley works as an ambassador, shared documents with Fox News Digital on Thursday that revealed Mosley’s lawsuit will move forward despite defendants’ motions to dismiss.

“[T]he Court has determined as a matter of law that the allegations of Plaintiff’s Complaint, treated as true, are sufficient to state a claim upon which relief may be granted,” North Carolina Superior Court Judge Robert Ervin wrote.

Mosley’s case is the first detranistioner lawsuit that has been allowed to proceed in court, according to her attorney, Josh Payne.

Source: Judge grants detransitioner’s lawsuit against doctors to proceed in court: ‘Sufficient’ allegations | Fox News

AI Uncovers Hidden Differences in Male and Female Brain Structures – Neuroscience News

Summary: Researchers use AI to reveal distinct cellular-level differences in the brains of men and women, focusing on white matter. These findings show AI can accurately identify sex-based brain patterns invisible to human eyes.

The study suggests that understanding these differences can enhance diagnostic tools and treatments for brain disorders. This research emphasizes the need for diversity in brain studies to ensure comprehensive insights into neurological diseases.

Men and women are known to experience multiple sclerosis, autism spectrum disorder, migraines, and other brain issues at different rates and with varying symptoms.

A detailed understanding of how biological sex impacts the brain is therefore viewed as a way to improve diagnostic tools and treatments.

Results revealed that the computer programs could accurately distinguish between biological male and female brains by spotting patterns in structure and complexity that were invisible to the human eye.

Source: AI Uncovers Hidden Differences in Male and Female Brain Structures – Neuroscience News

Mom in Hiding Captured in Isolated Stone Hut in Mountain Wilderness

A Finnish mom in hiding with her 7 year-old son was recently captured in a stone hut isolated deep in Spain’s northeastern mountain wilderness.

She was hunkered down in this primitive shelter with no electricity or plumbing, freezing cold at times. It was a mile walk to the nearest store.

The father had reported the mother “abducted” the boy and a warrant was issued.

The boy was sent back to Finland to be forcibly returned to his owner—the father from whom they were trying to escape. This separation from his primary bond at such a young, impressionable age, inevitably caused him severe trauma, not to mention having been placed under the complete control of his father.

The mother was imprisoned in Spain. It is unclear whether she has been extradited back to Finland yet for criminal court proceedings.

The fact that she would go to such great lengths as to live so isolated in a stone hut with no creature comforts strongly suggests she was desperate to protect him—most likely from sexual abuse. Sexual abuse by fathers is the most common reason mothers take the drastic, life-altering, liberty-risking measure of fleeing into hiding.

Family courts routinely give custody of children to abusive fathers, often sexually abusive ones. So, mothers taking children into hiding to protect them is not an uncommon phenomenon.

How could this be happening more than a century after women got the vote and a half century after gaining independence from bad marriages?

It was totally predictable, but women did not see it coming and still do not understand what is happening. They walk into family courts around the world every day believing they have the power to keep and protect their children. The fact that judges would deliberately cover up and enable abuse of any kind, much less sexual abuse, is incomprehensible.

But in context it is perfectly comprehensible. Control and entitlement in the family has always been the #1 patriarchal agenda. Now that women can easily leave husbands and live independently, it has become Patriarchy’s Last Stand.

Source: Mom in Hiding Captured in Isolated Stone Hut in Mountain Wilderness

Consent to Medical Transition at 16 – where are we now? | UK

As evidence of just how ubiquitous the issue of child medical transition has become, we had the benefit of two reported cases very shortly after the publication of the Cass Review final report in April 2024. These were Re J (Transgender: Puberty Blocker and Hormone Replacement Therapy) [2024] EWHC 922 (Fam) and O v P and Q [2024] EWHC 1077 (Fam) where I represented the applicant mother.

The facts of each case were broadly similar – both involved a female child aged 16 at the time of the hearing, who wished to continue or begin taking testosterone as part of a ‘transition’ to being perceived as male. Both involved one parent who agreed with the treatment and one who resisted. Both cases were concerned with what should happen when a child over 16 wanted to get private treatment, recognising the impact of NHS waiting lists and serious concerns about private providers such as Gender GP.

Children who are over 16 benefit from a statutory presumption of capacity to consent as if an adult, pursuant to section 8 of the Family Law Reform Act 1969.

Two factors can operate to override that capacity. First, if s 2(1) of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 applies and the child is found to lack capacity to make a decision because of an impairment of or disturbance in functioning of the mind or brain.

Second, the court retains an ‘inherent jurisdiction’ to override the wishes of any child up until the age of 18, if to do so is in the child’s best interests and will prevent significant harm. As was noted by Judd J in O v P the cases where the courts have acted to override a child’s consent have involved a child refusing treatment which was considered life saving, such as blood transfusions. There is no reported case of a court intervening to stop a child having treatment that was offered by a doctor and wanted by the child.

Neither court was willing to make decisions confirming that medical transition should be a ‘special category’ of treatment that required continued court oversight. But both contain some helpful – and alarming – commentary on the state of childhood medical transition.

The decision in re J

In January 2023 when only 15, J started taking testosterone to ‘transition’ from female to male.

The position regarding J was complicated by her diagnoses of autism and anorexia, and detention under the Mental Health Act 1983 for 9 months in 2021.

The father did not believe J was able to consent to this and it could not be in her best interests, having regard to the serious, lifelong and irreversible nature of the treatment and J’s underlying mental health difficulties.

The court was unable to find a endocrinologist in the UK willing to assist the court as an expert witness but Dr Hewitt from Melbourne was eventually instructed. She was extremely critical of Gender GP (para 37) noting there was no skeletal bone age X ray and bone densitometry investigation, the psychological assessment was of ‘extremely poor quality’ and there is no record of counselling regarding the known risks of hormone treatment. But the most serious criticism related to the dose of testosterone provided = 100mg/4ml every 6 weeks (para 38). This was the level that would be administered to an adult only after a course of treatment starting at a much lower level.

Dr Hewitt advised ‘with confidence’ that ‘there is no professional society of paediatric endocrinologists internationally who would consider this anything other than a highly abnormal and frankly negligent approach’. She stated that ‘in Australia, the treatment provided by Gender GP would be unlawful’.

Dr Hewitt considered the dose of testosterone given the J as ‘massive’ and it could impact on the development of J’s bones and cause her to stop growing.

The reality, as accepted by the court is that there is no realistic prospect of treatment on the NHS for J, given the long waiting lists. The parties therefore agreed that J should begin a six month assessment with Gender Plus.

The court concluded at para 58 by saying Whilst further evidence may, of course, alleviate the concerns that I have described, on the experience in these proceedings thus far, I would urge any other court faced with a case involving Gender GP to proceed with extreme caution before exercising any power to approve or endorse treatment that that clinic may prescribe.

The Case of Q

This involved a female child, ‘Q’ who had socially transitioned to be perceived as male. Her father supported medical transition, the mother objected and applied to court. Only a few days before the hearing started, the final report of the Cass Review was published. This set out the need for ‘extreme caution’ before prescribing hormones to any child and recommended that a separate multi disciplinary team review any decision made to prescribe. The NHS immediately adopted this recommendation. It was clear that no private provider would be able to meet this requirement.

As the mother did not object to a six month assessment by Gender Plus, the court decided that the proceedings must come to an end and declined to offer any further oversight, in the event that Q was prescribed hormones by Gender Plus. Q was noted to be ‘well informed’ and willing to undergo the Gender Plus assessment process.

The mother asked permission to appeal and this was refused. The mother will seek permission from the Court of Appeal, to raise concerns that the court did not properly consider how section 8 of the FLRA 1969 should be interpreted given what we now know about the maturation of the adolescent brain.

Commentary

It is disappointing to note that ‘assigned at birth’ now seems firmly embedded in the vocabulary of the courts as we can see in the ‘definitions’ offered in re J at para 14.

It is very alarming that in both cases not a single UK expert endocrinologist could be found to assist the court; underscoring the extreme toxicity and polarity of the ‘debate’ around childhood medical transition which found Dr Cass advised not to travel on public transport after the final review came out.

In both cases, both judges firmly rejected any suggestion that the court should treat medical transition as a ‘special category ‘ of treatment which would require continued court oversight if treatment was sought outside NHS protocols. It is right that courts must tread carefully if entering an arena more suited to Parliamentary or regulatory control – but the court retains an ancient jurisdiction to protect children and at the moment it appears to me there is a risk that in the current situation, children are left without sufficient protection.

But how confident can we be that a child going to Gender Plus will receive an effective assessment, knowing as we do that Gender Plus is staffed entirely by those previously employed by the Tavistock whose commitment to ‘affirmation’ is not in doubt?

Source: Consent to Medical Transition at 16 – where are we now?

Belgian Government Will Intervene In Cases Where Prostitutes Refuse Sexual Acts Too Often

A new law in Belgium celebrated by activists for providing a “labour contract” to prostitutes will also enable their pimps to punish them with a government mediator if they refuse sex more than 10 times in a six-month period. The Belgian Parliament voted for the law on May 3, with 93 in favor, zero opposed, and 33 abstentions.

Prostitutes are to be granted “rights” to refuse sexual acts, stop sexual acts, perform sexual acts in the manner they prefer, and refuse to sit behind Amsterdam-style windows (public facing windows where prostitutes are on display). However, should a prostitute use these “rights” 10 times within six months, their pimp can then call on a government mediator to intervene.

Andrea Heinz, a prostitution abolition advocate, called out the new legislation on X (formerly Twitter).

“There is little chance this will (actually) favour women. Under legalization/full decrim, pimps become ‘managers’ with the backing of the state to further entrench and maintain their power. Pimps see women they sell as products, not people deserving of full dignity & respect.”

Belgian Government Will Intervene In Cases Where Prostitutes Refuse Sexual Acts Too Often

Norwegian Gender Diversity Activist Who Streamed Genital Mutilation Pornography Sentenced To LIFE In Prison | Reduxx

The man behind a lucrative extreme body modification website dedicated to streaming “grisly and gruesome” footage of castrations and limb amputations has been jailed for life with a minimum of 22 years. Marius Gustavson’s Eunuch Maker site, which operated on a pay-per-view subscription basis, had amassed over 22,000 registered users and brought in nearly £300,000 before it was shut down.

Court proceedings revealed horrific details of the body modification ring, which profited from explicit videos of men undergoing “dangerous, unnecessary and life-changing surgeries,” including the removal of male genitals.

The ringleader, Gustavson, 46, was personally involved in at least 30 procedures between 2017 and 2021 before he was arrested, and had kept dismembered body parts as ‘trophies’ in a freezer at his home.

When handing down the sentence, Judge Mark Lucraft said Gustavson had been the mastermind of a “large-scale,” “gruesome and grisly”, and “extremely dangerous” enterprise, which the judge described as “human butchery.”

Judge Lucraft said he was “entirely satisfied” that the motivation “was a mix of sexual gratification as well as financial reward.”

Gustavson’s legal defense argued on his behalf that he was suffering from body integrity disorder (BID) and was merely attempting to “put a smile on people’s faces” by helping those similarly afflicted.

Prosecutor Carberry KC said there was “clear evidence” of cannibalism and that Gustavson had apparently created an “artfully arranged salad platter” of cooked testicles. Carberry showed the court images of body parts stored in plastic bags contained in Gustavson’s freezer and noted that “it wasn’t unusual for the excised genitalia to be kept by some of these defendants.”

According to Gustavon’s LinkedIn profile, he was a volunteer and Senior Steward for London’s Pride organization between 2016 to 2019. His first Eunuch Maker site was registered in 2016, and in 2018, he started a film production company called Nullset.

Prior to his relocation to London in 2012, Gustavson was Chairman of the Board for the Buskerud chapter of transactivist lobbying group The Norwegian Organization for Sexual and Gender Diversity, now known as FRI. Gustavson was involved in a leadership position at the organization from 2001 through 2007. During this time, FRI went by the name ‘The National Association for Lesbian and Gay Liberation,’ or LLH.

In 2018, The Norwegian Organization for Sexual and Gender Diversity (FRI) successfully lobbied the World Health Organization to officially depathologize fetishism, sadomasochism, and fetishistic transvestitism by removing them from the 11th revision of the International Classifications of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD-11).