A hospital banned a sex assault victim from having an operation after she asked for all-female nursing care because of safety concerns over mixed facilities.
- The patient – a sex assault victim – had requested all-female facilities due to concerns over mixed areas
- She was stunned when someone she believed to be a transgender male opened door in pre-op assessment
- It prompted her to complain and make a request for all-female nursing care at Princess Grace Hospital
- The hospital then cancelled the surgery, claiming it was ‘protecting staff from discrimination and harassment’
- Women’s rights campaigners have savaged the hospital’s act, branding it ‘a movement of misogyny in heels’
- Hospital said requests for ‘single sex care’ were particularly challenging, citing the ‘diversity of colleagues’